What We Do
Who We Are
Conditions of Employment for Entry-Level Bank Examiners
If selected for this position, you must
- be recused from matters affecting your former employer once you join the OCC if you are currently employed by a national bank or a federal savings association. Also, OCC ethics standards generally prohibit employees, their spouses, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies.
- file an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for federal employment;
- certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9. The documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The OCC is an E-Verify participant.
- agree to local and overnight travel.
- obtain and use a government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- successfully pass a background investigation that includes a credit check.