The OCC recognizes the challenges and concerns unique to minority-owned national banks and minority communities. Our External Outreach and Minority Affairs (EOMA) staff works to inform
- OCC and the financial services industry about minority-owned bank issues
- Minority communities about our role in helping to ensure that bank customers receive fair access and fair treatment.
In This Section
Get up-to-date information and focused education on the issues that matter most to you.
- Joint News Release: Regulators Encourage Institutions to Work with Borrowers Affected by Government Shutdown
- OCC News Release: Community Banks' Performance in Midwest Improves, Chicagoland Institutions Stabilize as Credit Quality Rebuilds
- OCC News Release: OCC Issues Final Rule on Lending Limits
- Joint News Release: Agencies Release List of Distressed or Underserved Nonmetropolitan Middle-Income Geographies
- OCC News Release: OCC Holds Web Conference for Community Banks on Cyber Threats
- OCC News Release: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Hosts Workshops in Wisconsin
- OCC News Release: Comptroller Curry Tells Minority Depository Institutions OCC Rules Make It Easier for Minority Institutions to Raise Capital
- OCC News Release: OCC Publishes "A Common Sense Approach to Community Banking"
- OCC News Release: Independent Foreclosure Review Payments Exceed $2.4 Billion
- OCC News Release: Independent Foreclosure Review Payments Near $2.3 Billion.
- OCC News Release: OCC Releases CRA Evaluations for 25 National Banks and Federal Savings Associations.
- OCC News Release: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Hosts Workshops in South Dakota.
- OCC News Release: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Hosts Workshop in Dallas.
- OCC Alert: Counterfeit Cashier's Checks of First National Bank and Trust Company of Junction City, Junction City, Kan.
- OCC News Release: OCC Allows National Banks and Federal Savings Associations Affected by Flooding Along the Red River to Close.
- OCC News Release: OCC Assesses Civil Money Penalty Against RBS Citizens, N.A., Orders It to Make Restitution to 265,000 Customers.
- The OCC issued News Release 2013-64 - Independent Foreclosure Review Agreement Payments Underway. Please click on the hyperlink to read more about it.
- Comptroller Curry spoke today at the 2013 Hope Forum. A link to the Comptroller's remarks is included in the Release.
- The OCC issued a News Release today advising that Thomas J. Curry, Comptroller of the Currency, was named FFIEC Chairman.
- Please see updated information on the 2013 Interagency Minority Depository Institutions National Conference
- On March 21, 2013, the OCC Issued a News Release Revealing Nine Central District States Showing Improvement in the Community Banking Sector.
- On March 20, 2013, the Comptroller discussed Community Reinvestment before the National Community Reinvestment Coalition.
- The OCC released Alert 2013-2: Fraudulent Correspondence Regarding the Release of Funds Supposedly Under the Control of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- News Release 2013-36 - Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Provides Consumer Information at National Consumer Protection Week Event on Capitol Hill.
- The OCC issued News Release 2013-35 - Amendments to Consent Orders Memorialize $9.3 Billion Foreclosure Agreement
- OCC Supports America Saves Week.
- On February 6, 2013, the OCC released News Bulletin OCC 2013-5 - Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, entitled Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Final Rule for Reporting Thresholds
- The OCC released a bulletin entitled: Dollar Thresholds for Exempt Consumer Credit and Lease Transactions.
- February 7, 2013 News Release: OCC Newsletter Highlights State Small Business Credit Initiative
- On February 4, 2013, the CDFI Fund issued the "CDFI Fund Releases Mandatory Recertification Guidelines for CDFIs".
- 01/25/2013 NR 2013-16, OCC Renews Minority Depository Institutions Advisory Committee, Will Host Inaugural Meeting on March 5 - The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency today has renewed the charter for the Minority Depository Institutions Advisory Committee (MDIAC) and will host its first meeting Tuesday, March 5, 2013, in Washington, D.C.
- 01/07/2013 NR 2013-4 Statement from Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry on the IFR Settlement - The OCC released the following statement by Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry regarding the settlement with 10 mortgage servicers subject to enforcement actions for deficient practices in mortgage loan servicing and foreclosure processing.
- 01/07/2013 NR 2013-3 Independent Foreclosure Review to Provide $3.3 Billion in Payments, $5.2 Billion in Mortgage Assistance - Ten mortgage servicing companies subject to enforcement actions for deficient practices in mortgage loan servicing and foreclosure processing have reached an agreement in principle with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board to pay more than $8.5 billion in cash payments and other assistance to help borrowers.
- OCC Highlights – is a semi-annual e-newsletter for minority financial institutions, consumers, and organizations.
- 2011 Interagency Minority Depository Institutions National Conference
- Bankers Education – Register for effective workshops focused on bank directors’ roles and responsibilities.
- National BankNet – Log on to this secure Web site created exclusively for national bank members for secure e-mail, financial services industry news, tools and reports, a calendar of upcoming events, and more.
Minority-Owned National Banks
Get a current list of minority-owned banks that includes contact and other information.
Minority Depository Institutions
Get a current list of minority-owned depository banks from the FDIC.
Información para el Consumidor
Part 24: Common Questions
See common situations related to 12 CFR 24 (Community Development Corporations, Community Development Projects, and Other Public Welfare Investments)
Minority Bank Deposit Program
Get details on this voluntary program that encourages using program participants as depositaries and financial agents.
Native American Banking Resource Directory
Get descriptions and contact information for organizations that provide resources to banks interested in lending, investing, or providing retail financial services to members of the Indian nation banking industry.
Bank Appeals Process
See how to file an appeal when informal discussion does not resolve disagreements arising from OCC’s supervisory process.
Minbanc Foundation, Inc.
Learn about scholarships for minority and women-owned bank employees.
Minority Bank Deposit Program
Become certified under this Treasury program, which encourages both the public and private sectors to use participants as depositaries and financial agents.
Find information and services to provide capital to minority and underserved communities.
National Bankers Association
Get information from the trade association for the nation's minority and women-owned banks since 1927.
Minority Depository Institutions Advisory Committee
The MDIAC offers insights to the OCC's bank supervision workforce on providing technical assistance, encouraging formation of new minority depository institutions, and safeguarding the minority character of these institutions during mergers or acquisitions.
Studies, Papers, and Publications
All OCC News and Issuances
All OCC Publications