September 28, 2017
OCC Releases Bank Supervision Operating Plan for Fiscal Year 2018
WASHINGTON — The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today released its bank supervision operating plan for fiscal year (FY) 2018.
The plan provides the foundation for policy initiatives and for supervisory strategies as applied to individual banks. OCC staff members use this plan to guide their supervisory priorities, planning, and resource allocations. The plan outlines the supervisory priorities for the National Risk Committee, Large Bank Supervision, Midsize and Community Bank Supervision, Compliance and Community Affairs, the Office of the Chief National Bank Examiner and the supervision of technology service providers.
Supervisory strategies for FY 2018 focus on:
- Cybersecurity and operational resiliency
- Commercial and retail credit loan underwriting, concentration risk management, and the allowance for loan and lease losses
- Business model sustainability and viability and strategy changes
- Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (BSA/AML) compliance management
- Change management to address new regulatory requirements
The OCC will provide periodic updates about supervisory priorities through the Semiannual Risk Perspective in the fall and spring.