Information for Bankers
The OCC provides information and resources to help bankers understand and fulfill their responsibilities. Resources range from bank director workshops held throughout the country to publications that address strategic issues, risk management, and compliance.
Log on to this secure website exclusively for employees of national banks and federal savings associations for email, financial services industry news, tools and reports, a calendar of upcoming events, and more.
The OCC offers a variety of information through free email subscriptions:
- OCC News: Alerts, bulletins, news, and information about the mission, people, and breadth of the OCC.
- OCC Community Affairs: Information about community development, small business financing, financial literacy, and consumer protection.
- OCC Education Announcements: Announcements about outreach and educational opportunities for bank professionals.
- OCC Responsible Innovation: Receive periodic news, updates, and other information regarding responsible innovation affecting the federal banking system.
Community Bank Director Workshops
The OCC offers five workshops for directors of national community banks and federal savings associations at different locations throughout the year in two series.
About the Federal Banking System
- About the OCC
- Comparison of the Powers of National Banks and Federal Savings Associations
- Guide to the National Banking System
- National Banks and the Dual Banking System
About OCC Supervision
- A Common Sense Approach to Community Banking
- Apply for a Federal Charter Bank
- Bank Appeals Process and Summaries
- Comptroller's Handbook
- Comptroller's Licensing Manual
- OCC District and Field Office Contact Information
- OCC News and Issuances (Alerts, Bulletins, News Releases, Speeches, and Testimony)
- OCC Strategic Plan
- An Opportunity for Community Banks: Working Together Collaboratively
- Director's Toolkit
- More publications
- Mortgage Metrics Reports
- OCC Annual Report
- Quarterly Report on Bank Trading and Derivatives Activities
- Semiannual Risk Perspective
- Shared National Credit Report
- Survey of Credit Underwriting Practices
- Weekly Bulletin
- The Minority Depository Institution Advisory Committee (MDIAC) helps the OCC assess the state of minority-owned depository institutions, advises on their supervision, and shares ways to help ensure minority institutions remain a vibrant part of the federal banking system.
- The Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee (MSAAC) helps the OCC assess the state of mutual savings associations and advises the OCC on ways to help ensure their continued health and viability.
For Public Comment
See proposed rules, guidance, and other matters that are open for public comment in the Federal Register.