Office of Minority and Women Inclusion
Executive Director for the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion
The OCC's Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), established in January 2011, is responsible for implementing section 342 of the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (PDF).
The OMWI Executive Director and Diversity and Inclusion Team developed standards for
- increasing the participation of minority- and women-owned businesses in the OCC's programs and contracts, including standards for coordinating technical assistance to such businesses.
- promoting equal employment opportunity and the racial, ethnic, and gender diversity of the workforce and senior management of the OCC.
- assessing the diversity policies and practices of the national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches and agencies of foreign banks that the OCC regulates.
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Support Staff||Phone|
|Joyce||Cofield||Executive Director for the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion||Secretary to the Executive Director: Camille Dickerson||(202) 649-6460|
Annual 342 Report
Dodd-Frank requires federal financial agencies to submit annual reports to Congress regarding the actions the agency has taken pursuant to section 342.
Business Activities Program
Supplier Diversity at the OCC
- The OCC is committed to the inclusion of minorities, women, and minority- and women-owned businesses in all levels of the agency's business activities.
- The OCC's OMWI provides technical assistance to minority- and women-owned businesses, including hosting and presenting information at educational events and conferences.
- To learn how to do business with the OCC, review the most recent OCC Forecast of Contract Opportunities, or register a business as an interested supplier, please visit our Doing Business With the OCC page.
Diversity and Inclusion Program
Recruitment, Development, and Retention
- Our Campus Recruiting Program facilitates effective outreach and sourcing efforts by targeting professional organizations, job fairs, and conferences.
- Our summer hires and intern programs are designed to attract minority, female, and disabled high school and college students for a variety of positions, using the agency's National Diversity Internship Program and the federal Pathways Program.
- OMWI administers the employee network groups that support diversity and inclusion programs throughout the agency.
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity Reports
The OCC is required by Congress and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) Management Directive 715 to submit an "Annual Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Program Status Report (MD-715)" on its diversity and equal employment opportunity program activities. In addition, as part of the MD-715 the OCC submits an annual "Affirmative Action Plan for the Recruitment, Hiring, Advancement, and Retention of Persons with Disabilities" (AAP for Persons with Disabilities).
- OCC's FY 2019 MD-715 Report
- OCC's FY 2019 AAP for Persons with Disabilities
- View All OMWI Publications
Regulated Entities Program
- The OCC regulates national banks and federal savings associations, which account for 68 percent of total U.S. commercial bank and thrift assets.
- The OCC and other OMWI directors collaborated and published, on June 10, 2015, an Interagency Policy Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies (Policy Statement).
- The Standards identified in the Policy Statement offer guidance and a framework to enable an entity to voluntarily assess its diversity policies and practices in several key areas:
- Organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Workforce profile and employment practices;
- Procurement and business practices – supplier diversity;
- Practices to promote transparency of organizational diversity and inclusion; and
- Entities' self-assessment process.
- The OCC will collect the Diversity Self-Assessments and any supporting documents using the OCC's BankNet, a secure website available only to OCC-regulated institutions. To learn how to register on the OCC's BankNet or to submit an institution's Diversity Self-Assessment and supporting documents, please visit the Diversity Self-Assessment page.
- Entities may use the Diversity Self-Assessment template provided or their own assessment tool.
- Careers at the OCC
- Diversity Self-Assessment FAQs (PDF)
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- OMWI Brochure (PDF)
- Reasonable Accommodations for People with Disabilities
- Register your Business as an Interested Supplier to OCC
For information about OMWI
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Office of Minority and Women Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion Team
400 7th Street SW
Washington, DC 20219
TTY: (800) 877-8339 (via a relay service)
Business Activities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regulated Entities: email@example.com