Community Affairs supports the OCC's mission to ensure a vibrant banking system by helping national banks and federal savings associations to be leaders in providing safe and sound community development financing and making financial services accessible to underserved communities and consumers, while treating their customers fairly.
- administering the national bank public welfare investment authority (12 CFR 24) and the comparable authority for federal savings associations.
- providing community development training and technical assistance to OCC examiners and supervised banks, community organizations and leaders, and other stakeholders.
- offering customized consultations to help banks identify community development finance opportunities and resources.
- facilitating communication among lenders, community groups, and government officials through workshops and conferences.
- publishing community development information on best practices and investment opportunities.
- compiling Resource Directories on a range of community development topics.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)'s Financial Literacy Update is a quarterly e-newsletter that reports upcoming events, new initiatives, and related resources of the OCC and other government agencies and organizations.
Community Developments Investments: Partners in Recovery: Community Reinvestment and Resilience (April 2022)
This edition of Community Developments Investments explains how banks can collaborate with community development financial institutions (CFDI) and other community-based organizations to help rebuild communities hit hard by natural disasters and the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Community Developments Fact Sheet explains the Federal Housing Administration's (FHA) 203(k) Home Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance Program1 for national banks and federal savings associations (collectively, banks).
This Community Developments Fact Sheet explains how the Rural Housing Service (RHS) guarantees qualifying mortgages made by RHS-approved national banks and federal savings associations.
- Acting Comptroller Discusses CDFIs, MDIs
- OCC Launches Discussion Series on Financial Health
- Acting Comptroller Discusses Expanding Access to Homeownership for Minorities
- Acting Comptroller Discusses Financial Health with UN Secretary-General's Special Advocate H.M. Queen Máxima of The Netherlands
- Acting Comptroller Discusses Crypto Literacy
- Assistance for Customers of National Banks & Federal Savings Associations
- U.S. Financial Literacy and Education Commission