More than 80 percent of the institutions supervised by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) are community banks and federal savings associations. Community banks continue to serve as the foundation of cities and towns across the nation.
- BankNet - Log on to this secure Web site exclusively for employees of national banks and federal savings associations for e-mail, financial services industry news, tools and reports, a calendar of upcoming events, and more.
- Director Workshops - Register for effective workshops that focus on roles and responsibilities for directors of national community banks and federal savings associations.
- Subscribe to OCC E-Mail - The OCC offers a variety of information through free e-mail subscriptions:
- OCC News - Alerts, bulletins, news, and information about the mission, people and capabilities of the OCC.
- OCC Community Affairs News - Information about community development, small business financing, financial literacy, and consumer protection
- OCC Education Announcements - Announcements about outreach and educational opportunities for bank professionals.
- OCC Consumer Advisories - Information of interest to consumers.
About the Federal Banking System
- National Banks and the Dual Banking System (PDF)
- Guide to the National Banking System (PDF)
- Summary of Powers of National Banks and Federal Savings Associations (PDF)
- Apply for a Federal Charter
About OCC Supervision
- A Common Sense Approach to Community Banking (PDF)
- Comptroller's Handbooks on Bank Supervision
- Bank Supervision Appeals Process and Summaries
- OCC District and Field Offices Contact Information
- OCC Licensing Manual
- The OCC Strategic Plan
- An Opportunity for Community Banks: Working Together Collaboratively (PDF) (January 2015)
- Director's Toolkit
- The Director's Book: Role of Directors for National Banks and Federal Savings Associations (PDF) (revised July 2016)
- Detecting Red Flags in Board Reports-A Guide for Directors (PDF) (revised September 2013)
- Internal Controls - A Guide for Directors (PDF) (revised September 2013)
- New Capital Rule: Community Bank Guide (PDF) - July 2013
- New Capital Rule Quick Reference Guide for Community Banks (PDF) - July 2013
- Pocket Guide to Detecting Red Flags in Board Reports (PDF) (revised September 2013)
- More publications
- Weekly Bulletin
- Quarterly Derivatives Report
- Quarterly Mortgage Metrics Report
- Semiannual Risk Perspective
- Annual Shared National Credit Review
- Annual Survey of Credit Underwriting Practices Report
- OCC Annual Report
- The Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee (MSAAC) helps the OCC assess the state of mutual savings associations and advises the OCC on ways to help ensure their continued health and viability.
- The Minority Depository Institution Advisory Committee (MDIAC) helps the OCC assess the state of minority-owned depository institutions, advises on their supervisions, and shares ways to help ensure minority institutions remain a vibrant part of the federal banking system.
For Public Comment
- See proposed rules, guidance, and other matters that are open for public comment on the Federal Register.
|05/28/2019||NR 2019-57,||OCC Allows National Banks and Federal Savings Associations Affected by Flooding in the South Central United States to Close|
|03/19/2019||NR 2019-28,||OCC Allows National Banks and Federal Savings Associations Affected by Flooding in the Central Plains and Midwest to Close|
|02/08/2019||OCC 2019-6,||Community Bank Leverage Ratio: Notice of Proposed Rulemaking|