More than 80 percent of the institutions supervised by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) are community banks and federal savings associations.
These institutions play a crucial role in providing consumers and small businesses with essential financial services and a source of credit that is critical to economic growth and job expansion. The OCC recognizes the important role community banks and federal savings associations play, and we are committed to fostering a regulatory climate that allows well-managed community banks to grow and thrive while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- BankNet - Log on to this secure Website exclusively for employees of national banks and federal savings associations for email, financial services industry news, tools and reports, a calendar of upcoming events, and more.
- Community Bank Director Workshops - Register for effective workshops that focus on roles and responsibilities for directors of national community banks and federal savings associations.
- Subscribe to OCC Email Updates - The OCC offers a variety of information through free email subscriptions:
- OCC News - Alerts, bulletins, news, and information about the mission, people and capabilities of the OCC.
- OCC Community Affairs - Information about community development, small business financing, financial literacy, and consumer protection
- OCC Education Announcements - Announcements about outreach and educational opportunities for bank professionals.
- OCC Responsible Innovation - Receive periodic news, updates, and other information regarding responsible innovation affecting the federal banking system.
About the Federal Banking System
- National Banks and the Dual Banking System
- Summary of Powers of National Banks and Federal Savings Associations
- Apply for a Federal Charter
About OCC Supervision
- A Common Sense Approach to Community Banking
- Comptroller's Handbooks on Bank Supervision
- Bank Supervision Appeals Process and Summaries
- OCC District and Field Offices Contact Information
- OCC Licensing Manual
- The OCC Strategic Plan
- An Opportunity for Community Banks: Working Together Collaboratively
- Director's Book: Role of Directors for National Banks and Federal Savings Associations
- Director’s Reference Guide to Board Reports and Information
- New Capital Rule: Community Bank Guide (PDF)
- New Capital Rule Quick Reference Guide for Community Banks
- More publications
- Weekly Bulletin
- Quarterly Derivatives Report
- Quarterly Mortgage Metrics Report
- Semiannual Risk Perspective
- Annual Shared National Credit Review
- Annual Survey of Credit Underwriting Practices Report
- OCC Annual Report
- The Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee (MSAAC) helps the OCC assess the state of mutual savings associations and advises the OCC on ways to help ensure their continued health and viability.
- The Minority Depository Institution Advisory Committee (MDIAC) helps the OCC assess the state of minority-owned depository institutions, advises on their supervisions, and shares ways to help ensure minority institutions remain a vibrant part of the federal banking system.
For Public Comment
- See proposed rules, guidance, and other matters that are open for public comment on the Federal Register.
Related News and Issuances
|08/15/2022||NR 2022-99||OCC Hosts Risk Governance and Compliance Risk Workshops in Minneapolis|
|08/08/2022||NR 2022-96||OCC Hosts Credit and Operational Risk Workshops in Orlando|
|07/14/2022||NR 2022-82||OCC Hosts Compliance and Operational Risk Workshops in Denver|